State of Terminal: 2015 Edition
I do this every year to keep track of the changes in my style. This is the first that goes public though
- I’ve moved to a Macbook air 2013 edition as my primary laptop (a work perk, thanks @plivo).
- Emacs is the primary editor - I use el-get to manage my emacs packages (my
init.elis hosted here), I also use
mgheavily while I’m inside a terminal.
- iTerm2 for terminal. (My cheetsheet for for iterm is availabe here)
- zsh for shell, with antigen managing plugins and dependencies.
- vagrant for VMs, I tried using
dockerwith boot2docker, but my needs are diffrent. I just need a linux box that runs all the time.
- Spectacle to manage windows. (Yes, I do miss Xmonad and i3)
- Firefox is the primary browser, sometimes chromium running for some special sites and tasks.
- Todoist is a great app to track todo lists, and the concept of gaming the task completion frequency and awarding points is a joy!
- Evernote everything goes inside this.
- KeePassX manages all my passwords.
- Tarsnap for backups, nuff said.