Rooting a nexus 7
December 6, 2012 , posted in android, programing, hack, rooting
Lot of posts in the web about this is just bogus, all of them want you to download a fat rootkit and click on the root.exe :-/
Being a developer device, rooting nexus 7 is easy.
- Gain developer privilege (figure out yourself :-P)
- Reboot to bootloader
$ adb reboot bootloader
- Unlock the bootloader
$ fastboot oem unlock # Might have to be the superuser.
- Download the recovery image for device from here and flash it
$ fastboot flash recovery
- Get the superuser binary.
- Reboot the device and put it in the sdcard (or any storage you have,)
- Reboot to the recovery and flash it.
$ adb reboot recovery
Note: People suggested using this to keep root priviliges after OTA -